Young talents came together for the gaming industry, which has a volume of 200 billion dollars worldwide. The “ENHANCER Gaming Hackathon,” which lasted for three days, brought together more than 150 young people with the opportunity to receive mentoring support, meet with leading names in the gaming industry, and win technological gift checks worth a total of 15,000 Euro.
The ENHANCER Project, funded by the European Union and implemented by the International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) in coordination with the General Directorate of Development Agencies of the Ministry of Industry and Technology of the Republic of Türkiye, brought together Turkish and Syrian youths interested in designing creative and innovative games and building business and social networks around gaming. During the three-day event, participants came together for interactive workshops in different areas, presenting their game projects to the jury evaluation after 48 hours of work in 37 different teams, and went to the final stage.
The event, which was also attended by gaming companies, was judged by a jury of 13 people consisting of Abdul Laham, Berk Yüksel, Burak Parlak, Cansu Polat, Deniz Karcı Korfalı, Ertuğrul Süngü, Furkan Kaan Topkara, Güven Çatak, Merve Kara, Oytun Kal, Onur Kalkan, Serra Güzeller, and Tuna Pamir. The jury decided to award 9 teams with success awards and 5 teams with honorable mention awards.
As part of the ‘ENHANCER Game Hackathon’ with the theme of innovation and entrepreneurship, the teams that received success and honorable mention awards are:
Honorable Mention Awards:
5 x 500€ Honorable Mention
- Tamer Kılıç, Head of Region, Western Balkans and Türkiye Regional Office, ICMPD
- Mauro Mascioli, Representative, European Union Delegation to Türkiye
- Ahmet Şimşek, Deputy General Manager of Development Agencies, Ministry of Industry and
- BUG LAB Presentation
- FAQs, Participant Questions
- Mentors’ Introductions
- Ataberk Palacıoğlu, Wendigo Games & Mağara, Founder Game Influencer, YouTube ‘at0m’Ataberk Palacıoğlu
- Can Oral, Cultic Games, Founder & BUG Lab, Lecturer
- Emre Yıldız, DigiAge Bilişim Vadisi, Director