The first Business Networking Meeting within the scope of the “Enhancement of Entrepreneurship Capacities for Sustainable Socio-Economic Integration (ENHANCER) Project”, funded by the European Union and carried out by the International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) with the coordination of the Directorate General of Development Agencies of the Ministry of İndustry and Technology was held in Istanbul Conrad Hotel on December 16, 2021. The event where Turkish and Syrian entrepreneurs in the textile and ready garment clothing, food, and innovative sectors that support them came together with the leading brands of the sector was successfully accomplished.
57 firm representatives took part in the event, which was organized with the aim of improving the opportunities for Turkish and Syrian entrepreneurs to work together, gaining business development skills, and strengthening their business connections.
During the event, two different panels were held with the participation of expert panellists on Integration with Value Chains During Coronavirus Pandemic and Sustainability and Digitalization. Syrian and Turkish start-ups had the opportunity to present their products in the booth area.
- Tamer Kılıç (Head of Region, Western Balkans, and Turkey Regional Office, ICMPD)
- Dimitrina Karatoyova (FRIT Deputy Head of Department, Delegation of the European Union to Turkey)
- Ahmet Şimşek (FRIT Deputy Head of Department, Delegation of the European Union to Turkey)
Nuri Barış Tartıcı, (ICMPD, ENHANCER, Technical Lead)
Moderatör: Pınar Yapanoğlu (Portfolio Manager, ICMPD)
12.30 – 13.30 Lunch – Stand Visits (Stands where Syrian and Turkish Companies will present their products))
- Filiz Alsaç (Head of Deparment of Regional Development Agencies, Ministry of Industry and Technology, General Directorate of Development Agencies)
- Leventcan Gültekin (Regional Development Expert, Ministry of Industry and Technology)
Moderatör: Özlem Çavuş (Entrepreneurship Component Lead, ICMPD)