Representatives of textile and ready-made clothing, shoemaking, food and innovative sectors that support them attended the event that was held in Istanbul on March 30, 2022. At the event, Turkish and Syrian entrepreneurs and leading brands of these sectors came together and develop new collaborations and partnerships. 107 Turkish and Syrian companies participated the event.
Hakan Yıldız, who currently manages two fintech companies in the fields of finance and energy trade, is the founder of fonbulucu.com, the first CMB licensed crowdfunding platform in our country. Yıldız, a licensed Angel Investor, is currently the general manager and deputy chairman of the board of Global Crowdfunding Platform A.Ş. He is the Chairman of the Board of the Reinvest Angel Investor Network accredited by the Ministry of Treasury and Finance. Since 2016, he has been working on entrepreneurs’ access to finance and new generation investment tools and has many articles on Entrepreneurship and Crowdfunding. He also serves as the Selected Crowdfunding Advisor by UNDP.
Pınar Özbozdoğanlı is the director of Lycian Capital, which is the only independent lower mid-market private equity firm in Turkey. Özbozdoğanlı is a senior private equity professional with 14 years of experience. Before joining Lycian Capital, Pınar was Head of Investor Relations and Head of Turkey at ARCH Emerging Markets Partners, a London-based private equity firm focused on emerging markets. She has worked in international and local private equity firms and groups, including Rönesans Holding, Global Investment House, and Ashmore Group. She started her career at Lehman Brothers. She specializes in the formation, capital raising, and investor relations private equity funds.
Hale Umul graduated from Ankara College in 1985 and Boğaziçi University, Department of Business Administration in 1989. She has twenty years of corporate management experiences at two leading companies in their sectors, Procter & Gamble and Frito Lay. In 2015, she started active angel investing by being one of the founders of TR Angels Financial Services AŞ and Angel Investment Network.
Rasha Alfakhry is a Financial Consultant, CEO and cofounder of Angels Board for startups consultancy, CFO and Cofounder of AARAM GROUP for CRM solutions, founding member of Digital Istanbul organization for Arabic tech community. She is an expert in financial modeling, financial management, business valuation, and credit risk management.
Mahmut Bekereci graduated from Anadolu University in 1987 and has been working at FLO since 2003. Bekerci continues to work as General Manager of Supply Operations Deputy.
Yavuz Altun, was born in Van in 1975. After graduating from the Department of Industrial Engineering, he worked in London for 2 and a half years in 13-14 companies operating in different sectors from production to marketing. After returning to Istanbul, he started to work as a general manager in his own family company. He has been on the Board of Directors of Happy Center for 19 years, as well as the General Manager. He is also a professional speaker on growth strategy, entrepreneurship, innovation, and next generation organizations.
Engin Yalçın graduated from Uludağ University, department of Food Engineering in 2005. Yalçın, who worked at Tesco as Food Department Sales Chief in 2006, worked at Real Hypermarkets for 2 years as Purchasing Manager in 2008. Between 2010 and 2013, he was the Regional Sales Manager of Danone. Yalçın, who worked as the Sales and Marketing Director at Dardanel for the next five years, has been continuing his career as the Purchasing Group Manager at BİM since 2020.
Melih Kızılay, received his bachelor’s degree from Gazi University, Department of Industrial Engineering. He works as the Quality Assurance and Social Compliance Group Manager at LCW. He has high experience in QA management systems and QC process in ready made garment production.
1984 Şam doğumlu Alaa Khamis,Tatlı üretim mesleğini öğrenirken, Aynı zamanda eğitimine devam ederek iktisat işletme yönetimi bölümüden lisans derecesi ile mezun oldu. Daha sonra 2012 yılınde pazarlama bölümü yüksek lisans bitirdi.
1997 yılında kurulan Al-Sultan Şirketinde şube müdürlüğünden yurtdışı fuarlar direktörlüğüne, 2019 yılında ise Türkiye’de kurulan Al-Sultan Şirketinde direktörlüğüne kadar yer aldı. Uluslararası Al-Sultan Şirketinde yönetim Kurulu Üyesi olmasının yanı sıra, HACCP ve ISO: 22000 dahil olmak üzere gıda ile ilgili en önemli kalite belgelerini almaya hak kazanan Sultan Şirketin ‘deki kalite yönetim ekibinden sorumluydu. Bunun yanı sıra İslam ekonomisi bölümü yüksek lisans öğrencisi.
Duygu Aktaş, after completing her Tourism Management education at Cardiff Metropolitan University in 2004, worked in Real Hypermarkets Chain for 8 years, first as Category Manager and then Project Manager. She started her career in Hepsiburada as Category Manager in 2015 and continues as Entrepreneurial Women Project Coordinator.
- Tamer Kılıç (Head of Region, Western Balkans and Turkey Regional Office, ICMPD)
- Martijn Pluim (Director Migration Dialogues and Cooperation, ICMPD)
- Nikolaus Meyer-Landrut (Head of the EU Delegation to Turkey)
- Çetin Ali Dönmez (Deputy Minister, Ministry of Industry and Technology)
- Arzu Kaprol (Wearable Technologies Coordinator, IT Valley)
- Şeref Fayat (Head of Council of Ready Garment and Apparel Sector, Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Turkey)
Moderatör: Deniz Karcı Korfalı (Project Officer, ICMPD)
- Moderator: Filiz Alsaç (Head of Deparment of Regional Development Agencies, Ministry of Industry and Technology, General Directorate of Development Agencies)
- Panellist 1: Hakan Yıldız (CEO, Fund Finder)
- Panellist 2: Pınar Özbozdoğanlı (Director, Lycian Capital)
- Panellist 3: Hale Umul (Co-Founder, TR Angels)
- Panellist 4: Rasha Alfakhry (Startup Financial Advisor, Angels Board)
15:45 – 16:45 – Panel 2: Quality Process Compliance / Contributions to Compliance and Sustainability
Moderatör: Pınar Yapanoğlu (Portfolio Manager, ICMPD)
- Panellist 1: Mahmut Bekereci (Supply Operations Deputy General Manager, FLO)
- Panellist 2: Yavuz Altun (CEO, Happy Center)
- Panellist 3: Engin Yalçın (Purchasing Manager, BIM)
- Panellist 4: Melih Kızılay (Quality Assurance and Social Compliance Group Manager, LCW)
- Panellist 5: Alaa Khamis (CEO, Al Sultan Sweets International)
- Panellist 6: Duygu Aktaş (Women Entrepreneurs Coordinator, Hepsiburada)
Examples of Innovative Solutions:
- Ayşegül Özkavukçu (Head, Migros UP)
- Pınar Sipahi (Director, Bilişim Vadisi)